Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Damn Technology, You Crazy. Part 3

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos recently made an announcement that the online retailing mogul is toying with the concept of Delivery drones, and already have developed a prototype, that could bring your V-neck sweater directly to your doorstep, faster than Domino's can deliver your pizza. The only thing I have to say about this is.... Damn Technology, You Crazy!!!

I still remember the days (now) when you had to wait 3-5 days for a package, unless you sprang for an, express shipment, but even that took like 12 hours. Who has that kind of time.

Exactly


When I confirm a transaction for a new E-Cig cartridge using the bluetooth on my tablet, that I purchased with bitcoins, I want to be able to Snapchat it to my Bro's within an hour.

Well, I didn't understand any of that...

I'm a busy guy, who doesn't have time to waste. NFL Live is about to air on ESPN, and I need to tune in to see if Adam Schefter live reads my tweet about how Eli Manning sucks. Plus my Instagram feed is blowing up, and I have several texts to read, so I definitely don't have time to deal with a UPS driver, that wants me to sign that stupid electronic pad they always carry around, that doesn't even show what you're writing until it's too late.

Ehh.... That's almost a signature, right?

Perhaps Amazon is just the beginning, why stop at retail? It's more than likely that fast food restaurants will soon follow suit. Do you have any idea how many times, I've sat at home cursing Taco Bell for not delivering, because I was too tired to drive. The only downfall being the condescending, judgmental look the driver would give you, when he shows up with 17 tacos, only to discover that they're all for you.


Imagine the air traffic at 2am on a Saturday night at hundreds of tiny copters navigate the city with Chalupas, and Nachos Bell Grande. You anxiously waiting by your window, the redneck down the street on his deck with his shotgun, looking to shoot down some dinner. Your neighbor contentiously arguing with the expressionless drone, about how his hard tacos, should've been soft tacos. The guy across from you in tears, as he watches his 5 layer burrito be electrocuted, as the drone crashed into power lines. Yeah, on second thought, maybe this isn't such a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 distinct crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can click CLAIM as many times as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or Dollars.

    ReplyDelete