Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Why didn't Kevin Mcallister just call 911?

Home alone was a great movie and I've seen it around 100 times. One thing that I've always wondered though was why he didn't just call the cops. I mean it's not like they caught him by surprise. He knew they were going to be there at 9:00 pm.

The nerve on this kid thinking he can take on the Wet Bandits all by himself. If it wasn't for old man Marley saving his ass at the end, Kevin would've been killed. I don't even know what old man Marley was doing there in the first place. He should've been outside salting the streets with the ground up dead bodies that he kept in that trashcan. I guess Buzz was full of shit.


Kevin was a troublemaker. That much we know for a fact. He flipped out over a cheese pizza, punched Buzz in the stomach and ruined everyone's dinner. Then he talked back to his mom.  He even stole a toothbrush from that convenient store. Who the hell steals a toothbrush?




Look what you did you little jerk....
 I don't know maybe he had ADHD, maybe he was bipolar. I think he was just lashing out due to the lack of attention payed to him from his father and that asshole Uncle Frank.

The booby traps he had set up, although effective and mildly amusing, were also quite costly in the long run. The iron that hit Marv in the face probably broke. The hot wheels that Marv and Harry kept slipping on scratched up those nice hardwood floors. Several ornaments were broken when that dumbass Marv came in through the window barefoot. The most destructive prank had to be the blowtorch Kevin rigged up to the door that burnt Harry's head. Not only did that probably leave burn marks all over the wall, but it also violated several fire safety regulations.

Marv and Harry were two bumbling idiots, and Kevin was lucky that they were so clumsy. I know that my first instinct would be to duck if I saw a paint can swinging towards my head. Also maybe pay attention and not run into a big pile of matchbox cars, but that's just me.

I still think he should have called the cops, but he did get the best of the Wet bandits. I don't know where he learned how to be such a badass. It must've been all the bad movies he watched. Which brings me to this... Home alone contains possibly the greatest scene in movie history. Ironically, it's a movie within a movie. Kevin must have been affected profoundly by this scene. I know I was





Look at Snakes face at 0:43... He knows he's in deep shit..

3 comments:

  1. Because the phones were out, remember? You should know this since you've seen it a hundred times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember he called and ordered a pizza? Also, called from his house to say the Murpheys were getting robbed!

      Delete
  2. If the phones were out how did Kevin call to order pizza?

    ReplyDelete