Sunday, August 16, 2020

Breakfast food sucks. Lunch is much better



I don’t know how people can eat entire meals first thing in the morning. I have to be awake for at least 60 minutes before I’m even hungry. I’ve always been that way. Then when I am hungry, I’m hungry for lunch, not breakfast. Breakfast sucks. 

I don’t like sausage and I don’t care for eggs. Biscuits are good, but only as a sidekick for country fried steak, or fried chicken. Eating biscuits and gravy only, seems really strange to me. Same with bagels. If I’m having a bagel, there better be pizza toppings on it, ya feel me. 

Sure, pancakes and waffles are good, but only because I find the other breakfast options so undesirable. Put it this way— if I went to a continental breakfast and my options were waffles or street tacos. I’m going with street tacos every time. I don’t care that it’s 9am, and I don’t care that the street tacos at the Holiday Inn Express are probably subpar. If I’m hungry, I want my hunger satisfied by the best foods available. 

Which brings me to the problem. The best food,
in my opinion, isn’t readily available. I work the early shift. I start at 3:30am, and my lunch break is around 8am. Is it too much to ask for some chicken nuggets at that hour? Honestly? 

Everyone lauded McDonald’s for their decision to offer their breakfast menu all day. But what about lunch? Can lunch get a little respect? If they can make an Egg McMuffin at 8pm, they should be able to make a Big Mac at 8am. What’s the difference? Worst case scenario is that would take longer than usual. Which would be fine with me. I can pull around and wait a few extra minutes. I’m not going to complain for the fresh food. 

They say it’s the most important meal of the day, but isn’t that because it’s the first thing you eat? And doesn’t burning those calories throughout the day give you the energy to give it 35% at work? 

Eating is my second favorite thing to do. Sleeping is first. And I don’t know about you, but when my appetite starts pumping, I don’t get a hankering for scrambled eggs. I get a craving for a spicy chicken sandwich with a side of pepperoni pizza. 

P.S. I forgot about bacon. Obviously, bacon is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment